About British High Commission
A British High Commission is a British diplomatic mission, equivalent to an embassy, found in countries that are members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Their general purpose is to provide diplomatic relationships as well as travel information, passports, dual citizenship information, and other services between Commonwealth states.
The British High Commission in India maintains and develops relations between the UK and India.
About the Opportunity
This is an on-site internship opportunity based in New Delhi. Interns here are required to provide support for the Senior Intellectual Property Attache by;
- Shadowing the IP attached to understand their role.
- Responding to inquiries signposting available support for UK businesses on IP in India.
- Preparing notes and reports on meetings and projects and conducting administrative tasks supporting the IP attaché.
- Supporting the activities of the Trade Policy Team at BHC Delhi.
Number of Vacancies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the importance of providing IP support for UK businesses trading, or wishing to trade in India
- Understand the cross-government work of the UK in delivering business support (FCDO / DIT / BEIS)
- Understand the work across government, industry, and academia carried out by the IP attaché
- Prepare notes, minutes, and documents in support of the above
- Be able to confidently explain the ambitions of the UK government, the IPO of the UK, and the Trade Policy Team BHC Delhi
- The IP Attache works flexibly, and the Intern would be guided by the attaché as to attend at the High Commission.
- Qualified to degree level (at least Bachelor’s) in law;
- At least have 1-2 years of experience in providing IP support.
- Desirable: Masters/Postgraduate research experience in intellectual property.
- The ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.
INR 30,444 per month.
- The BHC is recognized as a good employer, with a robust, fair, and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses.
- They have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organizational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
May 9, 2023
Click here to apply.
Click here to view the official notification.
There are no ads to display, Please add some