About SLS Hyderabad
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad, a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed to be University), Pune, believes in the holistic development of every student, hence making academic and extra-curricular activities an equal part of the curriculum.
About the Moot
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad, is delighted to announce the 7th National Moot Court Competition, 2023 (“7th NMCC, 2023”), which shall allow students to deal with an exceptionally crafted hypothetical case to showcase their argumentative skills.
The event shall be held with an expert panel of eminent personalities judging the rounds, aiding students
in gaining experience and knowledge like never before!
Mooting is an integral part of legal education through which students can master the art of oration and argumentation in their journey of becoming legal professionals. To achieve this objective, the Moot Court Association of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad, annually organizes a National level Moot Court competition to incubate within the learner’s advanced legal knowledge and adept advocacy skills.
Previous editions have featured some of the best mooting teams the country offers, demonstrating their immense proficiency and setting a high standard of debate and research.
About the Moot Proposition
The theme of the 7th NMCC, 2023, shall be multidisciplinary, centered on Information Technology Laws with a particular focus on Data Privacy. Technology is ever-changing in this rapidly advancing world and has completely revolutionized society. In light of such a dynamic need, the Moot Proposition shall deal with the laws concerning Information Technology alongside other subjects to enhance student’s knowledge in this field.
Students duly enrolled and pursuing a 5-year integrated undergraduate law program or 3-year graduate law program may apply to participate in 7th NMCC, 2023. Each team shall consist of three members (two speakers and a researcher). Two-member teams are strictly ineligible to participate in the 7th NMCC, 2023.
All the teams registering for the 7th NMCC, 2023, are expected to make a single final payment of INR 8500/- on or before March 5, 2023. All information regarding mode and account details shall be communicated via the official rulebook for the competition. The registration fee is inclusive of any and all GST charges.
- Comment of registration and Proposition release: February 16, 2023. [Thursday].
- Last date for seeking clarifications: March 2, 2023. [Thursday].
- Last date for registration: March 5, 2023. [Sunday].
- Release of clarifications: March 10, 2023. [Friday]. (tentatively)
- Last date of submission of memorials from both sides (electronic copy): March 25, 2023, 11:59 PM. [Sunday].
- Oral rounds for the Competition: April 7-9, 2023.
In case of any queries, please contact the undersigned:
- Mr Vishvak Sunil (Student Convenor): +91 7667061213
- Ms Bobbala Jyothirmai (Student Co-Convenor): +91 9490833582
- Ms. Srilakshmi Sravani (Secretary): +91 86887 56909
- Ms.Sneha P. Mandal (Joint-Secretary): +91 73844 14962
- Ms. Sathya Indrakaran (Treasurer): +91 93923 10123
- Or email us at: [email protected]