SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law is organizing Conficiendis Legisativa National Legislative Drafting Competition, 2023.
About the Organizer
SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law (PGCL) was established in the year 2004 and is affiliated with the University of Mumbai. At this institution, we aim at giving students exposure to experiential learning in the varied fields of law and in this regard, we have conducted and hosted various workshops, seminars and competitions.
About the Competition
A good piece of legislation is the foundation of any democratic society; it reflects the voice of the people. The Moot Court Society of Pravin Gandhi College of Law brings to you the 12th Edition of Conficiendis Legislativa, National Legislative Drafting Competition, 2023 (LDC).
LDC is a platform where students across India have the opportunity to step into the shoes of lawmakers, as they are the to-be torchbearers of the legal fraternity. The Competition is unique in its way, of drafting a bill and experiencing the nuances borne by the legislature.
The theme for the 12th Edition of the Legislative Drafting Competition is Regulation on the Profession of Social Media Influencers.
Training Session Topics
1. Plain Language Draft – A Draft for Layman
2. Art of Legislation Drafting – Basics of Policy Making Draft
3. Citizen Participation in Law Making – Issues of Public Interest
The team may comprise a maximum number of 2 members. A maximum of 3 entries are permitted from each institution.
Note: Cross-college participation is allowed.
How to Register?
All interested teams who wish to register shall send the duly completed Registration Form (see Annexure A in the brochure) to [email protected] along with the Transaction details (screenshot of the online payment).
The e-mail should include –
- Name of the institute,
- Name of the participants, and
- Contact details of the participants.
- Rs. 2000/-
- The Account Details are as follows:
- Name of Account – SVKM’S PRAVIN GANDHI COLLEGE OF LAW; Name of the Bank – HDFC Bank (JVPD SCHEME, M-56); A/C No. – 03210330000171; Type of Account – Current Account; IFSC Code – HDFC0000321.
- The Best Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000/- and Certificates.
- The Runner-Up Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 7,000 and Certificates.
- The Second Runner-Up Team – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000 and Certificates.
All participants will receive a participation certificate.
- The Participants must send the soft copy of the registration form along with the proof of payment by 11:59 PM, 25th February 2023.
- The Participants have to send the soft copy of the Legislative bill by 28th March 2023 by 11:59 PM.
- Results will be declared on 8th April 2023.
- Faculty-in-Charge: Dr Geeta Kubsad: +91 98202 54446.
- Student Coordinators: Miss. Anushka Mansharamani: +91 98707 00240 Mr Somesh Pathak: +91 94106 81169.
- Miss. Ritu Bavishi: +91 96191 61175.